Educational Sponsorship Program
Educational Sponsorship Program (ESP) is a one on-one-sponsorship by a donor partner to a poor child or youth, pre-qualified from the funded communities of the Ancop donor network and CFC Ancop covered areas/target groups.
ESP funding assistance is provided to Elementary, High School and College/Technical/Vocational students.
The ESP is funded by Ancop individual or corporate sponsors in the Philippines and by the Ancop Global Walk, other Ancop partners supporting ESP local and international including non-government organizations, academe, parishes and archdiocese.
Implementation of the ESP in poor communities is undertaken by Metro Manila sectors and provincial project implementing teams (PIT’s), supervised and monitored by the Ancop National Education Program team.
The following are the criteria used in selecting the family and child for ESP assistance:
1. Child or youth must belong to a poor family with a combined family income of Ps 18,000/month (in MM) or based on the applicable threshold in the province;
2. 6-21 years old, in and out of school;
3. Youth must be single, unmarried and without any child;
4. Parents must have at least 2 children or if 1 child, parents must be single, widowed or separated;
5. Each qualified family shall be considered for only 1 sponsored child;
6. Parents must sign a “Kasunduan” on sponsorship which includes permission for publication in website and marketing materials;
7. Entry level and maintenance grade of 78% in elementary and HS and 2.75 in college, respectively.
Profiles of prequalified poor students from implementing sectors and provinces are submitted to CFC Ancop Education Program for final evaluation. Qualified profiles are queued to Ancop donor areas for matching of sponsorship assignment. Funding for elementary and HS can start at any of the ESP quarterly period while college level students are funded at the start of every semester. A queuing process is observed by the Education Program team to ensure “ first come, first served policy” for all applications.
Sponsorship is for a period of one (1) school year, renewable. Each student in elementary and high school is provided Php 10,800 annually while a college and technical/vocational student is given Php 23,750 each year. The ESP benefit package is provided to each sponsored student to ensure his/her well-being and over all development and covers the following benefits:
For Elementary and Highschool:
For College, Technical and Vocational Courses
More ANCOP Education Program
Cornerstone is a Church of the Poor Couples for Christ (CFC) Partnership Program for Education. It has two levels, one for Elementary and another one for High School. The Elementary Program aims to reach out to slow readers in elementary children in public schools through Reading Tutorials and Values Formation.
CFC ANCOP is joyous to fully embrace programs that will support the projects of government in building by producing individuals skilled for constructing structures for the country. With this, the foundation is partnering with different organizations that caters Technical and Vocational courses.